Will NATO bomb in future?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Jun 11 08:24:36 PDT 1999

> That you could bomb civilian targets with relative
> impunity has
> been known since 2nd world war.

But this campaign reflects TOTAL impunity. NATO didn't experience a single combat-related death. Yes, tactical air action remains dangerous. But for strategic bombing, the sky's the limit, so to speak. Our Air Force can conduct high-altitude terror bombing day in, day out, and incur no more risk to its personnel than it would putting them on a Greyhound bus to Topeka. Furthermore, while this air campaign may involve eye-popping expense, that isn't what "moves the needle" so far as public indignation is concerned (not until inflation increases, far down the road). The only thing an American president really has to worry about is GI body bags returning stateside.

All in all, I'd say this is a huge win for Western warmongers.

Carl Remick