katie roiphe

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 09:36:49 PDT 1999

In message <v04011701b3881d2aca20@[166.84.250.86]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
> But the woman is an idiot. She knows nothing about feminism and,
>at least in conversation, she doesn't seem all that bright.

>From which we can surmise that you haven't read The Morning After, or
Last Night in Paradise. I have. And I can confirm that both are streets ahead of anything else I've read on sexual politics in ten years. She certainly does know about feminism, which she writes about extensively, and with devastating accuracy.

As to the speculation that her success is all down to looks, well, what can I say? (Of course, we all know that Doug's success is in spite his devastatingly good looks, not because of them). -- Jim heartfield