Unemployment 4.2%

Thu Jun 17 13:27:25 PDT 1999

>>> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> 06/17/99 04:15PM >>>

No one has any idea how many homeless people there are in the U.S. I wouldn't trust any estimate that tried to estimate the figure based on available info. Here's the latest array of unemployment estimates for May.

Doug

Charles: When you say "no idea" , not even more or less than a million ? 2 million ? Wouldn't a million raise the unemployment rate by about 1% ? Doesn't seem logical to then just count it as zero homeless. What is the range of among those who do estimate it ?

I'll see if I can find out what some advocates for the homeless think.

CB