unflation

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 19 00:45:49 PDT 1999

Ooh, this is a neat idea. I don't know what dept I products are, but I would imagine it to include temp agencies and customercare software and all those biz-biz ERP things I read about(enterprise resource processing, I think).

And what I'd like to know is, if this effect is being historically intensified by the Internet? I havn't read biz history, but it seems there's more that normal of the *change or die* stuff going on in capitalism because of the Internet. A whole other type of crisis I wonder, or just an extension of "accumulation by crisis" that Marx talks about. Maybe it's very close to his experience because of the Industrial Rev.?

Did he(ya know, Him) predict that crisis accumulation would lead to a big bang, perchance? Maybe the Internet is the second coming.

In the end, what will be free? The hardware, the connection, or both? And that's something else entirely, isn't it?

Dazzled by this dance-p

ps. Economic Nationalism, Allie? Fersure. But not only are the rubes getting restless, today I read that 1 in 10 high-tech workers have become millionares because of stock options and darned if they aren't quitting those *fulfilling* jobs. It's gonna take more than an '87 to get the crowd under control.