Making the rich richer

kelley d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 22 09:24:06 PDT 1999

>Uh, no. Looks like I touched a hot button.

maybe.....but that's pretty easy with me, eh?

>I was referring to the welfare debates, where
>I've perceived gross inconsistency in the perception of
>women whose support is welfare, and those whose support
>is Social Security or privately financed alimony or child
>support.

i was as well. it was late and i was frazzled from trying to get something finished for deadline. [yes, dennis honest, i just sent it!]

i'm thinking more the cultural/conservative right and the Father's Rights movement. so it wasn't just about a general cultural scorn but the tendency for some participants in these debates to be guided by these sorts of more generalized cultural phenomena.

'sides what good would i be if i didn't find a way to sidetrack the debate off from the domain of economists' expertise, eh? kelley