Cox on White Supremacy.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 23 16:06:15 PDT 1999

Greg Nowell wrote:

> CYou might consider the colonization of the Americas by
> the Spanish. It's hard to see what "full flowering" of
> racism might be if not that. And then the British, etc etc

Greg, consider that I might know this history. And what I said centrally in my post was that anyone who wanted to dismiss the argument with a few tales from 7th grade history should at least take a look at Fields. Human action and the natural world have a history. Ideas don't have a history of their own but one subordinate to the history of human social relations.

Carrol