Wither Report

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Wed Jun 23 18:18:28 PDT 1999

Max says:
>What a gross epidemic of self-righteousness on
>PEN-L and LBO these past few weeks! This has
>taken the form of denunciations of non-existent
>racism on the list, unnamed neo-classical
>economists, or the universe of "liberals."
>We sure like ourselves, don't we?

zzzzzzz

[snip]
>It is not coincidental that most of those so
>offended or concerned are not economists but are
>more-or-less exclusively burdened with ideological
>agendas. These folks would be tolerable, and sometimes
>interesting, but for the 'model of war' they are
>packing.

Are you generalizing about us non-economists?

>The generalizations about neo-classical economists and
>liberals have not been applied to literal individuals
>here, but they have been ascribed to the personal
>character of such persons. As such, their
>implications are clear enough.

The is just my opinion, but what I find annoying about liberals is that they say capitalism is the best we can do, but want to be compassionate about it. Plus, they're shifty.

>I have lately avoided directly engaging others who
>can't hold up a civil exchange and will continue to
>do so, but I have to say the general climate on PEN-L
>is deteriorating. It's not enough to warn people
>who directly address or refer to other individuals.
>If this is not going to be a nasty, sectarian
>M-L list, moderation has to be more moderating.

What's PEN-L and how do I sign up?

PKK (NB: also the initials of the Kurdish Worker's Party)