Wither Report

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Jun 23 22:02:24 PDT 1999

[snip]
>It is not coincidental that most of those so
>offended or concerned are not economists but are
>more-or-less exclusively burdened with ideological
>agendas. These folks would be tolerable, and sometimes
>interesting, but for the 'model of war' they are
>packing.

Are you generalizing about us non-economists?

Only a subset, and on PEN-L. Four or five.

The is just my opinion, but what I find annoying about liberals is that they say capitalism is the best we can do, but want to be compassionate about it. Plus, they're shifty.

Feel free to be annoyed. If you want to have interesting debates with people with whom you disagree, or if you want to be politically serious, try to avoid language like this:

"I wanted it as it so elegantly and succinctly sums up the essence, ugly nature behind the mask, twisted logic--reducio ad absurdum/nauseum, disgusting sycophancy, sick values, racism, imperialism and krypto-fascism inherent in the "logic", paradigm and "calculus" of the Strangelovian pukes among the neoclassicals, "neo-liberal globalists" and academic whores who work and theory/policy pimp for the DemReps or RepDems."

mbs