N.C. Textile Workers OK Union (fwd)

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Mon Jun 28 05:31:42 PDT 1999

It is getting harder and harder to buy American made-union made textile products.

For example, you can't buy an American made childs size T-shirt. No one makes them in the USA.

You can specify Union made-American made clothing items only from a resource---what you too often find is that what you get is not what you ordered---you find out that the items you ordered are made in Mexico, China, etc. So, there maybe a niche demand for Union made-American made textiles.

The really funny thing about all of this is that the American made stuff when you can find it is of better quality and is less expensive to purchase.

It could be that remaining American manufacturers are having an epiphany with the help of the unions they have so vigorously resisted in the past! The textile manufacturers now realize they need the unions for their very survival.

Tom Lehman