The GMP and Budweiser

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Mon Jun 28 13:29:07 PDT 1999

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, michael corbin wrote:
> jf noonan wrote:
>
> It is always interesting how consumer differentiation takes place. As the
> differentiation that makes a *difference*. How we identify ourselves through
> consumption.

Michael, I think I know where you're going with this, but that's not quite the point I was or would be making by slamming Bud. What offends me about Bud (and Coors, and Lite, ...) is the complete lack of any differentiation *other* than in its marketing. If I had claimed "Miller Rulez, Bud sucks", you'd have a point. My point is all these things suck. Like the way USA Today is *not* a newspaper, Bud is not a beer.

And this master planned 'community' where I work is no community.

And getting to chose between Democrats and Republicans is not politics.

The homogenization and the erasing of any *actual* differences to leave only manufactured, faux, image based differences, is what I was railing against.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com

"I think everybody knows (or should know) about x-ray crystallography -- I do."