Cops and Prisons; Help Disciplined and Punished

Mon Mar 1 07:02:28 PST 1999

Here is some real life Law and Order, U.S.A

CB

>>> Kiilu Nyasha <kiilu at sirius.com> 03/01/99 01:35AM >>>
Greetings All:

I received letters from Yogi (Hugo Pinell) and Mumia on the same date, and would like to share some of the contents with you.

>From Mumia:

"...Ya know, K -- those kids of this generation, Lalia, Mike, Jamal, & all, have a hard row to hoe; from a time of freedom & rebellion; to a time of repression & conservatism -- If there's a hell, it's growin' up in a milieu of unfreedom. It wasn't fair to them, K; We should have won -- no matter what the cost!

Well, comrade, I'm outta here -- The old man is rollin' ona school tip.

....Why do I have the strongest freakin' feelin' that I've just, recently written you? Is that anotha 'mind letta'? I dunno; Anyway, here's a real one, sista! Pass the Love on -- and the hot, smoking, revolutionary spirit! Those kids out there are absolutely beautiful! [referring to photos I sent of the young People of Color Task Force and all the youth, et al, gathered in Oakland on Dec. 12].

Alla best! Love, Mumia"

And from Yogi:

[Yogi is the only one of the San Quentin Six still in prison, convicted of assaulting two guards August 21, '71, when George Jackson was assassinated at San Quentin; he's doing his 8th year in the hole at Pelican Bay, a windowless cell, 23-7, and his 35th year in Ca. gulags]

"...listen, my sista, yesterday the counselor, ..., told me that the release board will see me again this coming April. She said it's something to do with prisoners who've been denied 5 yrs or more, so this appears to be a formality. I got excited for a moment, thinking they had decided to let me go. She asked me if I would appear and i said yes. Don't want to give them one more reason to slash me." ... I heard on the news that the courts won't be able to retry gemo and that's great. Heck, Dracula is torturing and executing too many as it is. Some of us should come home and stay home. Please, give my love to those people who published the commemorator. Is it possible I can receive an issue regularly?....

Big hugs, kisses and more love. In life and struggle,

Yogi Bear"

This is amazing news! Yogi has refused to appear before the Board for years and years now. He got sick and tired of the humiliations. I need y'all's assistance in getting as many letters to the Board of Prison Terms as possible. If any of you in Ca. can offer Yogi a job, please include such in your letter. You can write to

Board of Prison Terms P.O. Box 7000 Crescent City, Ca. 95531-7000

Refer to Hugo Pinell, A88401

Send Yogi a copy of your letter:

Hugo Pinell, A88401, SHU D8-214, Box 7500, Crescent City, Ca. 95531-7500.

This brother has suffered far too long; he's one of our all-but-forgotten warriors who, along with George Jackson, W.L. Nolen, Howard Tole, Wm. Christmas, James McClain, et al., made it safe for our African brothers to walk the yards of Ca. prisons in the 60's when the Aryan Brotherhood in collusion with racist guards kept them under attack, murdering many with impunity, at least from the officials.

The recent decision by a judge in ??? State to grant $660,000 to a prisoner convicted of killing a policeman who sued for being held over four years in solitary portends well for others like Yogi. He's been in solitary confinement for over 20 years! and in that PB torture chamber over 8. How long will we allow this to continue??!!

In struggle w/love,

Kiilu