CoCC sez...

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Mon Mar 1 10:24:05 PST 1999

Re: "The Byrd case got a lot of publicity because of some sensationalist details, as well as for the racial dimension, but to me it is not different than, say, a sniper taking someone out cleanly with one shot."

(Over limit here) Max, Byrd died a horrible protracted death, rolling from side to side to cut the pain as the flesh was shredded off his bones. My immediate thought was that his killers should have the same thing happen to them. Ultimately, though, I just can't accept the idea of capital punishment, even when "civilized" and administered as a lethal injection.

Carl Remick