in the news

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at primenet.com
Wed Mar 3 06:34:11 PST 1999

Hello everyone,

I was thinking Marta why don't you come up to Northern California and we could have breakfast together, maybe have Chuck Grimes join us and Jan my wife. In talking we could think some about what we would like to see, and then we could write a joint piece of common interests we both would like to see. Something that takes care of both sides and presents a way to everyone on LBO how people can voice their concerns and find a common solution when it means a lot to each side to have their rights recognized and taken care of in conflicting situations. Maybe this is going to be an exercise in writing about ideals. I mean the real world is shaped by forces we can't control, but maybe also we could get some good feedback from others about what we propose so that both of us get a better sense of what we could do together. I guess one model I have in mind is the long shore workers union where you go to a hall to be hired, and as a basic model of what would make available to a disabled person a regular and reliable source of labor which one could trust given rights and safe guards. regards, Doyle Saylor