in the news

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Wed Mar 3 21:46:13 PST 1999

Apologies to Marta and Doyle.

What you heard was the anger of listening to all sorts of nonsense for the last two decades on all these issues. I am no longer very rational about any of it--just spent too long watching an entire community destroyed by twenty years of stupid and malicious reactionary policies, while the clueless bourgeois stood around with their thumb up their collective ass. Gee, we never knew. Dot, dot, dot.

Well, you get the idea. We don't have to do anything for breakfast, except eat and enjoy ourselves. I promise to be civil, even cheerful. Besides I won't be able to make the conference--probably charge too much anyway--but I want to hear what went on.

Tonight I was re-reading chp 9, ADA in the New World Order, and tripping on the names from Evan Kemp and Liz Savage to Larry Scadden. Jesus. The last meaningful work I did was help design and write a proposal to Scadden at NSF to develop education and training materials for blind HS and lower division college science students. It was finally approved and is struggling along on some kind of half-assed funding at SFSU. Kemp died a couple of years ago. Not a bad sort of guy--but definitely sleazy.

Take care,

Chuck