Death Penalty

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 4 06:31:45 PST 1999

Rkmickey at aol.com wrote:

> And of course abortion is quite widespread in both countries,
> even compulsory under certain circumstances in China.

Views come in such wild combinations that litmus tests almost always fail -- i.e., there are almost no single issues which act as a predictor of a person's overall politics.

Abortion is one of the few such issues. Those who regard abortion as even remotely related to murder are simply not trustworthy as comrades. There must be exceptions -- I've just not met one in the last 25 years. This is one issue on which even almost all Catholic radicals split with their church.

Carrol