Steinem on CIA

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Tue Mar 9 07:50:56 PST 1999

there is a section on GS's CIA activities, and the whole Redstockings thing in Daring to Be Bad, Alica Echols' history of radical fem. i didn't know that she threatens to sue everybody who writes about it-- I just interviewed Echols about her new book, I should have asked if she'd had any legal trouble about this

the choice GS quote from Echols book is : "the CIA's biggest mistake was not supplanting itself with private funds fast enough" !!!!