incarceration unsustainable?

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Wed Mar 10 10:01:52 PST 1999

In Ohio a bill has been proposed that would allow police to stop you, if you are not wearing a seat belt while driving your car. Some 16(?) states already have similar laws.

My state legistator "meathead", yes he is a Polish person and someone's son-in-law, was all for this legislation until he got the word from his constituents including me. I mean the operative word here is "see". I won't even bother going into the potential abuses of this type of legislation, I'll just leave it up to your imagination.

Now our other state legislator from this county has decided to support this legislation---even though he is about to retire---many think this is to clean up a political favor. This legislator strikes me as a bicycle seat sniffer, because the only thing I've "seen" out of the guy is that he has spent a lot of time sniffing around Oberlin College President Nancy Dye.

Your email pal,

Tom L.