Just In: Red Oskar's Out

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 07:29:41 PST 1999

Chris Burford:

>I guess that Schroeder was prompted to the showdown more by the set back
>for the SPD in the Hesse regional elections, than by the further slip in
>the Euro prompted by Soros's prediction, which perhaps came after the
>cabinet meeting.
Thats my impression as well. Since the introduction of the Euro currency rates are much less of an issue here in Germany, because most of Germanys trade goes to Euroland. Furthermore some exporters liked the idea of getting some push for their US exports

>I could not find a web-access site for a similar breaking news service in
>German.

www.yahoo.de\schlagzeilen is quite up-to-date.

Johannes