Capitalism defends itself

Margaret mairead at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 13 12:48:52 PST 1999

you (Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>) wrote:

>Stossel once described his journalistic mission as explaining the beauties
>of the "free market" to the public. He really believes this shit, and the
>Disney network is happy to give him the airtime to spread the gospel. The
>cheering things is that they probably wouldn't if they thought the masses
>fully shared their faith.

I don't know about you, Doug, but i'm utterly appalled by that rubbish. I have to think it's a great implementation of 'the big lie', and frightening for exactly that reason. 'Oh, but they wouldn't be able to print it if it weren't true. So there must be something wrong with me.' Gaak!

Pity you can't get a forum of comparable reach to use as a refutative platform.