Capitalism defends itself

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 13 12:58:57 PST 1999

Margaret wrote:

>Pity you can't get a forum of comparable reach to use
>as a refutative platform.

Actually I got a call last week from Stossel's producer, who said they were in the early stages of a program on American triumphalism (not the phrase he used, of course). I was being auditioned for the role of "responsible critic." I said my piece - talked about social polarization, smugness and public stupidity, foreign debt, and the ecocidal aspects of the American way of life. I doubt I'll get a callback though.

Doug