SI Swimsuit issue: Holy Cow!

Annalee Newitz tabloid at jps.net
Thu Mar 18 11:31:06 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Actually a porn site, efox.com, reported doesn't have the cash to pay its
> models, but it's been giving them stock options in advance of a hoped-for
> IPO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Doug, but I understood that porn sites couldn't go public because none of the stock exchanges would allow porn-related companies to be traded. At least, this is what I heard from an investor I met recently at an alcohol-fest for Salon magazine . . . she said that there was always a limit to the amount one could make on porn sites because they had to stay private.

--

Annalee Newitz tabloid at jps.net http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~annaleen

Chair, Bad Subjects http://eserver.org/bs