Law and Econ elements

Thu Mar 18 12:52:13 PST 1999

>For Max - and EPI folks
>The commentator was an economist from Cornell. He was very critical of
>my having used EPI as a reputable source. He said "It's controlled by
>labor" but then proceeded to use the President's Economic report as an
>unbiased report of how well the economy is doing. He also tried to
>convince me privately that the minimum wage had contributed nothing to
>people's economic well being and is sending some "proof" in the mail.

Send him back Nicole Fortin and Thomas Lemieux, "Institutional Changes and Rising Wage Inequality: Is There a Linkage?" _Journal of Economic Perspectives_ 11:2 (Spring 1997), pp. 75-96; and Peter Gottschalk, "Inequality, Income Growth, and Mobility: The Basic Facts," _Journal of Economic Perspectives_ 11:2 (Spring 1997), pp. 21-40...

Brad DeLong