Law and Econ elements

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Mar 19 15:11:47 PST 1999

Michael Yates wrote: Marta,

> Burkhauser's ideas are common currency in economics, and I am sure that
> he did not believe that you should have been on the same platform with
> him. Come the revolution, we will force these jerks to live in the
> worst neighborhood in the crappiest town n the country and let them do
> shit work for the rest of their lives at minimum wage.

Yes, there was some elitism definitely. We were told we had 20 minutes to present and that was it. Burkhauser went over his 20 minutes by almost 10 full minutes while the moderator kept passing him notes telling him that his time was up. Definitely a man who has little respect for anyone else.

Marta