Law and Econ elements

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Thu Mar 18 14:17:22 PST 1999

Friends,

I went to college with Richard Burkhauser. He was a math major until his senior year and then switched to economics. He seemed like a real nerdy type in college, someone I couldn't stand just to look at him. Looks like he's turned into a real asshole. It's amazing. He and another fellow from my 1967 graduating class at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, PA. got PhD's in economics,as did I. A few years ago, there was a big shindig at the college and both were invited to give talks, given awards, etc. Guess who was left out, despite the fact that I won the award for the best economics student that year and have had many publications, etc. I gave copies of each of my books to the librarian and he never thanked me until I sent him a nasty letter. Marta, Burkhauser's ideas are common currency in economics, and I am sure that he did not believe that you should have been on the same platform with him. Come the revolution, we will force these jerks to live in the worst neighborhood in the crappiest town n the country and let them do shit work for the rest of their lives at minimum wage.

michael yates