Ravenous

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 18 22:01:57 PST 1999

Has anyone already seen _Ravenous_? (I haven't seen it yet.) John Ruch (our local film critic in Columbus) says that it is a cross between George Romero's Living Dead films and Herzog's _Aguirre: the Wrath of God_. In other words, cannibalism as a metaphor of capitalism and colonialism. Sounds good to me.

I might also mention here Pasolini's _Porcile [Pigsty]_ (in which Pierre Clementi plays a fine young cannibal who kills his father in the Middle Ages as well as a son of a fascist industrialist who allows himself to be devoured by pigs) as one of my favorite films.

Yoshie