Protest against the Bombing

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Fri Mar 26 05:04:52 PST 1999

Dennis R Redmond wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Max Sawicky wrote:
>
> > We are used to seeing these conflicts in terms of class strugle, in a
> > bipolar international context, if you'll pardon the foreign
relations-speak.
> > But today the U.S. is a lone hegemon.
>
> Hegemon, my foot. The US is now 700-800 billion euros in debt to our dear
> friends in the EU. We're basically playing the role of hired thugs for
> Eurocapital (i.e. playing Bad Kop whilst the EU dons the colorful flowing
> robes of the Buddha).
A time has come I have to agree with Dennis. But Eurocapital is feeling uncomfortable in its positions. As long as the US and Euroland have common interests its working fine. But what if the interest are going to be divergent? There has beeb a constant grumbling inside the German press that even for transport capabilities US resources are required. Johannes