Serbian gas co.

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Sat Mar 27 10:54:32 PST 1999

Lehman:

What currently demonized Serbian politician spent his career with the Serbian gas company? Yes, that's right the gas company!

Nowell:

Non-trivial, Mr. Lehman. Enormous capital intensive investment, crucial to the operations of the country. Position of great power. No gas ya freeze. Also, it's probably the case, though I don't know for sure they followed the Soviet model, that gas meters were not installed in individual units but in whole blocks of housing and whole apartment buildings. Heat as a right. I like the idea. No wonder he was a well-placed apparatchik.

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298