bouncing ethnicity

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 31 13:32:14 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> . How I wish it were possible to see how folks would line up were it
> Bob Dole rather than Bill Clinton giving the orders.

Doug, I believe you suggested in an LBO a year or two ago that "the lesser evil" question was getting a bit more complicated. (I think in reference to some quotes from Al Gore on defense.)

I'm almost tending towards thinking that the GOP is indeed the lesser evil. They are so much easier to fight, and are so much less attractive to what John Taber recently called, so nicely, "hand wringing complicity."

Carrol