COVERING UP RACISM

EmaChissit at cs.com EmaChissit at cs.com
Sat May 1 09:04:24 PDT 1999

kayak3 at bouldernews.infi.net writes:

> The members of the TM may have somehow been
> racists to some degree but you seem to be over reacting to a story that
> sounds very credible. You offer no evidence to back up your claim that
> this is "virulent racism." Why don't we try to stick to what we can
> verify as the truth instead of jumping to wild speculation just to make
> an argument.

Hi,

It was a moment of hyperbole, of sarcasm. I posted the story and I think it quite credible. The caps were meant to highlight that it was sarcasm. Doug had nothing to do with it and was offended by what I'd posted because it was, rather subtly, an attack on those who refuse to see the ambiguity and slipperiness of racism on the part of whites in this country.

Emma