Krugman sad

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Tue May 4 19:50:27 PDT 1999

I don't get your criticism. Isn't Krugman lamenting Japan's failure to loosen its monetary policy? Wouldn't it be a good thing for Japan to do that? And isn't he pointing out that if Japan were to step up lay-offs and trash wages it would be deflationary, and thus a bad thing? Isn't that true, too?

Seth