Barkely's guide to Kosovo

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat May 8 23:33:31 PDT 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. wrote:

> 3) I have already noted that his claims regarding the
> locations of the "important religious and symbolic sites" is
> simply dead wrong. This guy lived there? Obviously he only
> visited Kosmet and never looked closely at a map or is just
> geographically incompetent. I also find it a bit disturbing,
> although it may come to pass, that he recommends partitioning
> Macedonia as well as Kosmet, and handing over a chunk of
> it to Albania. Ugh.

Barkley, I have complete faith that you are right about this. But you are absolutely the only guy that believes this. Would you please write an NYT editorial so I can cite it? And until then, do you think I could prevail upon you to give us a list of the top ten Serbian national-religious sites and the town they are located in? I'm sure there must be a detailed map of Kosovo somewhere on the web by now, and with a list I could look them up and point them out myself.

Thanks a ton,

Michael