NATO bombs Chinese embassy

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Mon May 10 12:03:18 PDT 1999

> I realize that the Chinese media is loudly
> trumpeting the rejection of Clinton's apology by
> the Chinese government and is claiming that it
> was not a mistake. But that is no reason for you
> to repeat such silly stuff. This was obviously an
> incredibly stupid thing to do, considerably stupider
> even than starting the bloody war in the first place.

Still, I have been struck by the sullen tone of U.S. media in reporting NATO's blunder. There has been a finger-wagging component in much of the coverage, cautioning the Chinese not to get carried away protesting this incident. American morality has been so (further) corrupted by NATO's intervention that we now clearly resent third parties for getting in the way of our indiscriminate bombing.

Carl Remick