A5/1 cracked

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 11 09:48:45 PDT 1999

Margaret wrote:

> But go get a copy
> of PGP off the net and start doing simple 2X
> superencryption of the files or mail you want to keep
> private. Do you think they'll allocate the computes it
> would take to crack your stuff? I'd be willing to bet
> US$1000, cash money, against it.

A friend of mine in grad school took a course in the Romantic poets. The first 8 weeks were spent studying only Wordsworth. On his midterm he got a D. Puzzled, he went to see the professor, who glanced through his Blue Book and said, "You didn't say Wordsworth was the author of the poems you discussed." My friend opened his mouth, then paused: If *He* can say *that*, then nothing I say can make any difference."

If you can write the above, then nothing I can say could make the slightest difference.

Carrol