The plot thickens

D.L. boddhisatva at mindspring.com
Wed May 12 00:36:49 PDT 1999

To whom...,

Today, the Chinese announced that they would not require NATO to stop the bombing before accepting a peace plan, softening their position significantly. Also today, U.S. Energy Secretary Richardson announced that new measures would be put in to safeguard nuclear weapons secrets. Thus I think you have two parties talking to each other without talking. I think the message of the embassy bombing has been well understood. I think it was a punishment for Chinese espionage and I imagine that espionage might have taken the form of turning the CIA-cooperating Los Alamos physicist who is the center of the present brouhaha. That would explain a great deal about both that case and the embassy bombing. If the Los Alamos physicist was cooperating with the CIA and then was turned by the Chinese, the Americans would not want to prosecute because that would reveal their operation. The American government would have to find a way to punish the Chinese and I think they did.

peace