RAF sent to Corsica, Paras & Gurkhas to the Balkans

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Sat May 15 16:12:33 PDT 1999

Rkmickey at aol.com quoted Yahoo News:

> ...The Government has ordered some of Britain's elite fighting
> troops to prepare to go into Kosovo as Nato suggested the latest
> civilian casualties in the province could have been victims of a
> Serb "human shield" operation...The announcement came as Nato has
> admitted that it attacked the Kosovo village of Korisa where the
> Serbs claim at least 79 ethnic Albanian refugees died.
>
> But alliance spokesman Jamie Shea insisted they had hit a legitimate
> military target and hinted the ethnic Albanians could have been
> ordered into a troop area by the Serbs...

and also off BBC News, who never ever lie:

> In the developing row over the Nato attack on a Kosovo village, the
> United States has accused the Serbs of using ethnic Albanians as
> so-called "human shields".
>
> The latest Yugoslav news agency figures say 81 civilians were killed
> in Thursday's overnight bombing of the village of Korisa.
>
> US Pentagon Spokesman Ken Bacon said the Serbs "had to have known"
> the building which the Kosovo Albanians slept next to was a military
> target because NATO had hit many similar installations over the last
> seven weeks.
>
> "It certainly looks like this was arranged to make them human shields
> but we cannot confirm this," he said.
>
> Yugoslav Foreign Ministry spokesman Milisav Paic has dismissed this
> suggestion as "crazy".
>
> "There is no doubt it was NATO who carried out the raids against
> civilians and they cannot just simply try to get rid of any
> responsibility," he told the BBC...

The Hell they can't, just listen to them! Which brings us back to that classic analysis of Cold War doctrine, "Dr. Strangelove." You recall the scene down in the War Room when the Russian Ambassador explained about the Soviet's computer-triggered Doomsday bomb, charged up with enough radioactive thorium-cobalt-G to exterminate everything above the lowest galleries of the deepest mines if any U.S. bombs went off over the Soviet Union. And you rememeber where Dr. Kissinger shouts, "If you have this Doomsday weapon, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT???"

Suppose I am the fiendish Dr. Evil, nee Milosevic, and I am heartlessly using those poor innocent Albanian civilians as "human shields." Tell me, what good will it do me, in what way will those civilians serve as "shields," when NATO does not know they are down there being used for this purpose?

I guess the idea is that if a powerful country decides to bomb the Hell out of another country with one one-hundredth the military capacity, and the leaders of that weaker country neglects to surrender unconditionally at the first blow, then it's the leaders of the invaded country, rather than the leaders of the attacking country, who are the ones responsible for the civilians who get butchered in the bombardment. This is similar to the way Wilhelm II fixed war guilt on the Belgians in 1914.

Jesus, those propaganda bastards didn't lie this hard even during the Vietnam War!

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net