Hi everybody.

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Wed May 19 18:36:33 PDT 1999

Hi everybody. I'm back. And I have felt greed! It gave me a weird spasm in my left shoulderblade every time I sat down at my magic box. Curiously gone now. I'm still long and margined to the hilt though, and I've learned something. You don't have to buy the stuff that's going to do well at Christmas, in March. Cie la vie. Or whatever.

Watching capitalism up close is a trip. But Dougdaddy, I'm confused about your take on the ineffectivness of shareholders. Also your contention that companies don't use shareholder money to grow.

I've been listening to conference calls and people put management through the wringer. most CEO's seem pretty responsive. And if they're not, the stock goes inna toilet. And what about that Compaq guy? One strike, you're out.

As far as selling stock goes, maybe this is a unique time. I mean you got companies with little or no earnings challenging the likes of NBC, ATT, Disney, etc, because they were hip to an idea first, and then aquired capital through the sale of stock. No? By the way, watching Disney blow it with their old proprietary attitude is fun. Last time I looked their web site was one big commercial.

Sam. Thanks for the info on Uruguay. Why didn't I know that? The left sucks cause we don't leverage our PR resources. But how does it work when you have 40% inflation? I mean eventually doesn't that reality clash with the foriegn currency reality? It can't go on for too long, can it?

Today I meant the guy who's gonna beat Bob Barr's ass(I hope). He was talking to a couple of regulars while I was taking their credit card, and he mentioned that Guv Barnes had called him into his office to ask him to go up against Barr. I immediately let him know that I'd run Cynthia McKinney's phone banks, and told him I'd work cheap for anyone going after Barr. Best of all, when I went to his table, he'd left me $5 and a Wall Street Journal. For a buffet and a glass of water. A real friend of the working stiff! Now I really will have to do his phone banks, even though it's got to be the most boring, thankless job on the campaign.

Hey. I got a new kitten. His name is Jimmy China. I finally gave in on the day we "accidentally" bombed the embassy. I can't afford him but lucky for him, he's absolutely charming. I'm starting a new organization called The Campaign To Kill Irresponsible Pet Owners. I sure hope my talking computor stock pays off!

snooches-p