gun control

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri May 21 09:32:57 PDT 1999

From sokol at jhu.edu Fri May 21 08:45:13 1999

What I measn by meaningful regulation (as I expressed that

elsewhere) is a registration system that allows effective

tracking of a weapon to its lawful owner.

If Janet Reno prevails in her illegal implementation of the instant-check, you have such a system, nationwide. Instant-check records serial numbers. The law authorizing it specifically asks the FBI/ATF to use the information to check whether a purchaser is forbidden (felon, etc.) and then to destroy the records. Executive Branch, in the US, apparently wears the pants when it comes to gun laws as well as the projection of military power against foreign powers.

I guess I was reading the wrong constitution.

/jordan