gun control

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri May 21 15:18:38 PDT 1999

I just read both an article in _Scientific American_ and a book review in _Mathematical Intelligencer_ on a new biography of the mathematical logician, Kurt Godel, he of the famous Incompleteness Theorem. Apparently when he was examined to become a US citizen in the late 1940s (Albert Einstein and Oskar Morgenstern were present to shepherd the extreme eccentric genius through), they had to repress him from making an extended speech about contradictions in the US constitution that he perceived when the examining judge asked him what he thought of that particular document. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, May 21, 1999 6:12 PM Subject: Re: gun control