reverence for the constitution

kelley digloria at mindspring.com
Sat May 22 14:03:39 PDT 1999

michael perelman writes:

>Margaret called the constitution egalitarian. What? A black is a
fraction of a
>man, and like women denied the vote.

funny, by 1848 that they held a Convention in Seneca Falls and wrote a declaration of sentiments, modeled after the D of I. Their goal: to alter the Constitution. Furthermore, a similar Convention was held by Freed Slaves some time later, details escape me at the mo' Finally, both of these were undone by what? constitutional amendments. oh but i guess they were all falsely conscious, eh?

kelley

“touch yourself and you will know that i exist.” ~luce irigaray