reverence for the constitution

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 22 17:24:03 PDT 1999

kelley wrote:

>so there's some inherent problem with two senators (6 yrs) balanced by reps
>according to population in the house of congress? how's that? if i'm not
>mistaken i think the brits first ripped off the idea of bicameral
>legislature from the Iroquois Confederacy.

How thoughtful to accommodate the aristocracy. Is this a defense of the House of Lords?

Will you tell me what function "states" serve in allocating representation for central government function? Why is Wyoming the equal of California? What status does it have? Why is one person one vote the standard in House apportionment, but the principle doesn't apply when it comes to the Senate?

Doug