The weakness of the anti-war movement

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun May 23 12:21:15 PDT 1999

I havn't had time to catch up with this thread yet, but the other day on Ted(Mr. Liberal) Turner's right-wing radio station, WCNN-am, a guy(conservative) was pushing to reinstitute the draft. He was against the war in the Balkans, and contended that the only way you were going to get a strong anti-war movement would be if and when the children of the affluent and middle-class were dying. And I thought, gee, you know, he's probably right. And I saw the Vietnam thing in a whole different light.

BTW, I wonder who started the push for a draft back then? Could they have considered that that would be the beginning of the end? Of course, they couldn't have considered Henry Kissinger's career ambitions.

p.