Bill, Tony, Gerd, Wim and Massimo

David Hudson dwh at berlin.snafu.de
Sun May 23 16:35:00 PDT 1999

Hi, LBOers. I've been lurking for a while but have just recently discovered that the plain shotgun version of the list is actually a lot easier to keep up with than the digest.

At any rate, I thought some here might get a kick out of the edited transcript of a bunch of Third Way guys sitting around talking. Clinton kicks off the conversation and Blair, Gerhard Schroeder, Wim Kok, and Massimo D'Alema follow:

http://www.newstatesman.co.uk/199905240006.htm

More guys: today's LA Times has a sort of globalization special going on in its book review, including Benjamin Barber on Manuel Castells (after a few well-aimed criticisms, Barber has more praise for Castells than you might expect), David Rieff on Thomas Friedman (delightfully merciless), and John Gray on Russell Jacoby (a tad more respectful, but just as biting).

http://www.calendarlive.com/HOME/CALENDARLIVE/BOOKS/BOOKREVIEW/

David Hudson Monday, Wednesday and Friday

http://www.spiegel.de Find the flag and click