British TV jury finds against Nato

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 25 12:17:57 PDT 1999

Chris Burford wrote:

>While I welcomed the end of western imperialist appeasement of Serbian
>fascism in Bosnia, I specifically denounced and exposed the ethnic
>cleansing by the Croat regime of Kraijina, as zealously as Doug and others
>are exposing the imperialist features of the present war by NATO.

So, Chris, you'll admit that if what Serbs are doing in Kosovo is a genocidal war crime, then what the Croats did was a genocidal war crime too, and that U.S. assistance to the Croats makes the U.S. an accessory to a genocidal war crime?

And how about targeting civilian water supplies? Is that a war crime? Oh, excuse me, not targeting water supplies - just the power system. As the New York Times informs us: "'We have not targeted the water system,' said Peter Daniel, a NATO spokesman in Brussels, Belgium. 'The difficulties with water supply relate mostly to the difficulties that exist with the supply of electricity.'" Sort of like that excuse from the other day that the bomb didn't successfully guide itself to its target.

Doug