The weakness of the anti-war movement

Eric Beck rayrena at accesshub.net
Wed May 26 09:33:40 PDT 1999

Kelley inquires:

>i'd *still* like to know who's responsible for making this claim that a
>draft would make for a stronger anti-war movment.

I think you can blame it--all of it, everything--on our venerable moderator. Here's what he wrote on May 19:

"I can't speak for the rest of the world, but it seems to me that most Americans don't care too much if their military is bombing other countries as long as no Americans get killed, or are at risk of getting killed. No draft, no antiwar movement. Am I being too cynical?"

Some chimed in with here-heres. Others clanged in with buts. Perhaps others tacitly accepted it as a truth. But near as I can tell, or far as I can remember, it was Doug who started it.

Eric, trying to stir up some trouble stew