Max's practical import

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Thu May 27 13:09:03 PDT 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

Then there are the neo-pacifists, with an unrelenting focus on violence perpetrated by US Imperialism, who disclaim any affinity with Milosevic, notwithstanding the practical import of their "no bombing/no genocide" posture. There doesn't seem much more to talk about.

Max, this is outrageous. We could have a debate about about what the practical effects of non-violent alternatives would be. But it seems to me that there can be no serious debate about the effects of the bombing so far. They have massively escalated the atrocities against the Kosovars. Period.

It seems to me that as a proponent of the bombing, you are in a weak position to condemn other points of view from the perspective of the welfare of the Kosovars.

Seth