Modest proposal to end the war

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri May 28 08:24:12 PDT 1999

While my respect for electoral politics approaches zero, methinks the process can be useful as a form of anti-war demonstration - a bit more effective than the street variety.

The idea is simple - do not wait until 2000, start voting your disapproval with the Fifth-Column, Cruise-Missile Democrats and their impeached war criminal leader now. How? By changing your party affiliation with the voters' registration agency. Voters' registration is an ongoing process - you can send your voter registration card any time, and simply check anything but "Democrat" as your party affiliation. I'm pretty sure if a sufficient number of such cards reaches local voters registration offices - the ratfuckers will take a notice.

For those who still think that electoral politics matter - that strategy does not "waste" your vote, you still can vote any way you want in the "real" election, regardless of your party affiliation.

wojtek

Give me your watch, and I will give you the time of the day.