gun control

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Sat May 29 18:13:19 PDT 1999

Sam Pawlett wrote:

> > that the Arschlöcher in power today are subverting the Rat's
> > Backside out of.
>
> That would pass for wit in Wichita.

Cheap and snotty. Beneath you.

> > It's shameful, un-American, and
> > life will continue to degrade til they're made to stop.
>
> Whoa! Un-american! Now that's got to be the ugliest epithet you can
> hurl at someone. What about all those of us who are *really*
> un-American? I'm Canadian. Its a pity that American politics is so
> important vis-a-vis world politics.

What have world politics to do with this thread? This thread is concerned with gun laws in the U.S.A., which, while they are a dire matter of life and death to us U.S. citizens, are of amusement value only to the more civilized rest of the world. (That phrase "more civilized" alludes to the U.S.'s phenomenal murder rate, which must certainly be a source of wonder, disgust and/or self-congratulation for all other nationalities. Although you Canadians did produce your own home-grown Harris/Klebold wannabe, so you can at least blush a bit as you brag and sneer.)

Except of course when you-all snowbirds come down to Florida for your vacation. Then you too are targets-of-opportunity for the thugs the NRA arms so generously. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of Miami. I live in Florida full-time and I sure as Hell do.

> The lives of millions of people hang the balance of what fucken'
> idiots like Al Gore

...who, I was nauseated to learn from this morning's fishwrap, is primarily motivated in his daily affairs by his devotion to the non-existent Supreme Being, hight "God"...

> or Robert Rubin say and do. By implication, the lives of millions
> depend on what Joe and Jane out in cracker America do in the way of
> politics.

I almost agree with you, except that what us Middle-Amerika crackers do and think has damn little to do with what our berserk, arbitrary, rich-men's government does. If you lived here you'd know that already.

> Unfortunately, all of us un-Americans have to study the dim, dull and
> silly world that is American politics and political culture.

If it's such a burden to pay attention to the forces which mold your world, can't you simply ignore them as do most of your fellow Canadians? (...along with most of my fellow Merkins.) That's what TV and sports and all that good Canadian beer are there for.

Which reminds me, if I've seemed rude or testy in this post, sorry, there's a reason, I guess; God damn am I jealous. You K-nux have national health care and Moosehead, while we Merkins put up with Budweiser and Humana.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net