Ideology vs. Science vs. Sciencism vs. Superman vs. ...

Mr P.A. Van Heusden pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 08:57:51 PST 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, James Farmelant wrote:

[snip]

The fact that the reductionist ideology
> encourages researchers and policy makers not to push
> their investigations of the chain of causality further to
> take into account what is going on at the environmental
> and social levels can be seen as constituting an ideological
> distortion of science of the sort that I have pointed to
> in earlier posts.

James, if dialectics can lead us further by 'taking into account what is going on at the environmental and social levels', then how is dialectics better for this task than systems theory?

[snip]

Peter -- Peter van Heusden : pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk : PGP key available Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower. - Karl Marx

NOTE: I do not speak for the HGMP or the MRC.