'jouissance' (was Re: Force & Truth (was Re: litcritter bashing...))

Wed Nov 3 13:47:26 PST 1999

>>> "Mr P.A. Van Heusden" <pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> 11/03/99
Is this 'jouissance' is in a way akin to the thing that Marx meant when he replied, in response to a question about 'what is human nature': 'struggle'? Like 'desire'?

Charles: I don't know if this makes any difference, but I believe the question Marx answered with "struggle" , was " What is ?". It was from an American reporter from the Chicago Tribune in a newspaper interview. Sort of a psychedelic question for 1880, but....

Carrol can corroborate me on this.

CB