glass steagall

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat Nov 6 10:36:09 PST 1999

Well, Doug. If this is the case with Richie Trumka, and I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt, it's pretty sad!

He and others of my acquaintance have spent a lot of time flapping their jaws about pension fund leverage. I fail to see how the demise of Glass Stegal will in anyway increase any pension fund leverage real or imagined!

I date this pension fund leverage business to the mid-1970's when a couple of Serbian brothers who were worthies in the USWA started pitching this idea to anyone who would listen. They are both former Steelworkers now, having seen their mills close in the mid-1980's. One of these two old pals of mine was teaching and coaching high school football the last time I heard anything of them.

Meanwhile *your* bill S. 625 is lurking out there.

Tom